In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
Proverbs 16:9

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sweet words

I wanted to record some of the sweet words and funny comments coming from my little guys mouths.

Brayden has recently decided he wants to sit in the very back of our new car. We got him a high back booster and moved it to the very back. My main reservation with this was the fact that he could no longer buckle himself in due to the fact of it using a car seat belt. I mentioned a few times for him to try to see if he could do it himself so I wouldn't have to crawl back and fasten him. From then on he was determined to do it HIMSELF! And he did. I had the boys load up and forgot something in the house. I ran back in while they were getting loaded. When I got back to the car Brayden was super excited because he had buckled himself. I praised him and told him what a big boy that was and was glad he was able to accomplish that task. His response was "I told Jesus thank you for helping me". Thankful he realizes that God helps us even in the small things.

Brayden and Bransen had been given some money from both sets of grandparents for a Halloween surprise. I told them that I would take them to a local store which they love called "Rural King" (its a huge Farm and Ranch store with great toys) and they could use their money to make a purchase as long as it was less than $10. As we were driving I asked what they might like to buy. Brayden thinks a minute and says, "I know what I'm going to buy", "one of those black and white rabbits".  I gathered myself, laughed and said I think they are going to cost a little more than $10 (thankfully).

As we have watched many many NasCar races, then Olympic Events and then Cardinal Baseball games, the boys began to pick up on the National Anthem. For a long time Brayden has called it the Racing Song. Recently they have picked up that it is more than just the Racing Song. Bransen's new favorite thing to do is line up all his cars in a huge double car single file line (which includes probably near 50 cars). Bransen then states, "Hand on heart" and insist that everyone places their hand on their heart. He begins "Hosaycansee" and then says "Boom boom boom" when rockets red glare and ends the song with a plane noise and motions a plane flying because of course their is always a flyover. I have got to get this on video. So cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love my precious nephews and their sweet words!!

Anonymous said...

What great stories! Love em Gigi and poppy