Good bye Summer Hello Activities of a new school year. I officially became very busy today.
Today was the start of my new year of our MOPS group. I am getting to serve as Co-coordinator of a local MOPS group this year. We had our first meeting today which went really well. I have been involved in MOPS (Mother's Of Preschoolers) every since we have been living in the St.Louis area and it has been a huge blessing in my life. A group of moms join together every 2nd and 4th Friday from 9:30-11:30 as we fellowship over breakfast and coffee while our children are in childcare. We share prayer requests, life's concerns and trials as moms and wives, we do a few mission outreach projects throughout the year, we have Moms night outs and are just there for one another. Very excited this year to get to help coordinate the group and really looking forward to our year.
Monday nights starting this Monday from 6-8 we will get to have 30+ adults and children at our home as we begin a new year of HomeTeam's with our church. Josh and I and another couple are teaming up this year to offer a HomeTeam where Josh and the other man will be co-leading a small group of Bible Study (which has ended up being not so small). We will begin the evening with a Potluck style dinner followed by children going to the basement for their small group time with two sitters. The adults will join around in a circle and spend some time in prayer and then in Bible Study. We are excited to start off a new year with this group of friend which end up being our family away from family. This group of friends are people we end up sharing and doing life together with each week. We are excited and feel very blessed to have a home where we can have the opportunity to have this many people over. Josh jokingly said, looks like we will see what the capacity of our home is.
Tuesday mornings beginning this Tuesday from 9:15-11:15 at our home we will begin my Moms Bible Study. I have 11 ladies signed up to join me along with 16 kids. We are going to be doing a study of the book of 2 Timothy by Jean Stockdale (my Moms Bible Study teacher from TN) called Run Well, Finish Strong - Passing on the Baton of Faith to the Next Generation. I cannot wait to begin this study and hear from Jean Stockdale about being a more Godly Momma and Wife and passing this information on to my children. This group of ladies are going to be a wonderful group to join with each Tuesday for the next 10 weeks. We will have two ladies keep our children in the basement while we have Bible Study each week.
So as I said, my not so busy summer is now over and busy has officially started. I pray that our home will be welcoming to all our guest and we can show them God's love. I am thankful for the opportunity to have a home which we can open to serve. I pray we would be able to do that in these ways!
Friday, September 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We know you both will be a blessing to others and will be blessed yourself! But you will be busy! Love you all! Grandma and grandpa
Post a Comment